THANK YOU FOR Re-electing Judge Bill Miller to 5th District Court for another 4 years!
By a margin of Victory of 73.4% Judge Miller defeated is opponent in a landslide victory March 3, 2020.
Judge Bill Miller, Republican, has served as Judge of the 5th Judicial District of Texas since January 2015, when he was appointed by Governor Rick Perry.
“I have been honored to serve the citizens of Bowie and Cass Counties as District Judge for the last five years and look forward to continuing to represent the District’s citizens in the criminal and civil justice systems,” Judge Miller said.
Bringing Relevant Experience to the Bench Since 2015
- Broad judicial experience hearing a wide range of family, criminal, and civil cases
- Closed over 8,500 cases since becoming judge
- A clear record of protecting our community
Serving the Judicial Community
- is a current board member of the State Bar of Texas’ Judicial Section
- has served on the Texas Judicial Region 10 Budget Committee in 2018 and 2019
- currently serves as technology chairman for the Texas Association of District Judges
History of Service in the Law Community
- served three years as a member of the State Bar of Texas’ executive committee and Board of Directors and two years on the Texas Bar Foundation Board of Directors
- was Chairman of the State Bar of Texas’ Law Practice Committee from 2010-2015
- served as President of the Texas Young Lawyers Association, Secretary of the Texarkana Bar Association, and President of the Northeast Texas Bar Association
Judge Miller and his wife, Jessica, have three sons: Davis, Austin, and Mason.
In addition to having served on local and state-wide legal and judicial organizations, Judge Miller also served 10 years as a member of the Literacy Council of Bowie and Miller Counties, Inc., 3 years as a Board Member of the Texarkana Museum Systems and was a Texarkana, Texas City Council member for Ward 5 from 2011 until appointed as District Judge in 2015. In addition to serving as a District Judge, Judge Miller also continues to serve as a high school soccer referee in Northeast Texas and Southwest Arkansas as well as a soccer referee for the United States Soccer Federation. Judge Miller is active in the Moores Lane First Baptist Church’s Boy Scouts of America Troop 16 (he has a son who is an Eagle Scout and two sons who are Life Scouts), a member of St. James Episcopal Church and current Trustee of St. James Day School in Texarkana.